1/7 Photos of Refreshing Lemon Asparagus
Fresh asparagus seasoned with lemon, garlic and garnished with pine nuts. Dijon is the historical capital of the province of Burgundy know for the mustard and wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil (try hazelnut oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch black peppercorns, freshly cracked
- 1 lb asparagus spear, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1In a jar, combine olive oil, lemon juice, zest, dijon mustard, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
- 2Blanch the asparagus in lightly salted boiling water for about 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; do not overcook. Remove from heat and refresh under cold water; drain well.
- 3Toss asparagus with enough lemon vinaigrette to lightly coat. Arrange asparagus on serving platter .
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refreshing Lemon Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.1
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 911.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g