Fresh asparagus seasoned with lemon, garlic and garnished with pine nuts. Dijon is the historical capital of the province of Burgundy know for the mustard and wine.
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil (try hazelnut oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch black peppercorns, freshly cracked
- 1 lb asparagus spear, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- In a jar, combine olive oil, lemon juice, zest, dijon mustard, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Blanch the asparagus in lightly salted boiling water for about 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; do not overcook. Remove from heat and refresh under cold water; drain well.
- Toss asparagus with enough lemon vinaigrette to lightly coat. Arrange asparagus on serving platter .