Recipe by French Tart
A pleasantly refreshing, calming & restorative drink with an exquisite flavour. It's ideal on a hot summer's day, and is delicious when mixed with sparkling water or, even champagne/sparkling wine! Make sure the lavender has not been sprayed with insecticides and rinse gently under cold running water (to dislodge any insects) before use. Alternatively you can buy culinary lavender from herbalists or specialist shops.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Simple, delicious, refreshing! I will use tis in various ways....lemonade, with seltzer, to sweeten tea, yadda ya.... Thanks, FT!! xoxoxo Made forrrr...Aussie Swap 11/09. Team 1, Melaleuca!
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the water and sugar into a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Add the lavender flowers and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat; cover the pan and leave to infuse for 30-45 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a pan and reheat, stirring all the time, until the mixture is syrupy. Cool completely. Pour into a sterilised bottle, seal tightly and leave to cool.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Dilute with chilled sparkling mineral water to serve - or champagne/sparkling wine for a special occasion.