Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a family favorite that new family members have hesitated trying and came to LOVE! Just three simple ingredients. You can use fat free cream cheese for a yummy fat free dessert.
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Mix jell-o gelatin according to package directions except omit 1 cup of cold water since you will be adding the pineapple juice instead.
- Once jell-o is dissolved in the 4 cups of hot water and 3 cups of cold water have been added, Add 1 can of crushed pineapple with juice.
- Mix and store in refrigerator to set about 4 hours.
- Once the jell-o is set. Mix with a hand mixer to loosen the jell-o.
- Next, add the softened cream cheese and mix well until the jell-o is lighter in color and cream cheese breaks into small curds throughout.
- Place back in refrigerator to chill again and set for another 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Place in individual dessert cups and enjoy a refreshing dessert!
This is a family favorite of ours as well, from the 1950's. We make it every Christmas and Easter for the cool freshness and pretty green color. We add 1 cup of chopped walnuts.