Top Review by lemoncurd
I made this recipe as is except i reduced the lemon to 1 cup and it was perfect. I think if i had added the extra 1/2 cup it would have been far too tart. It made a lovely and diffrent lemonade from the usual mint lemonade we drink. I loved the gingery taste.
- 3 inches fresh ginger, peeled & crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemonade (6-8 lemons)
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 thinly sliced lemon
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the water sugar and ginger.
- On high heat, bring to boil, stirring mixture to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer mixture until syrupy and ginger is aromatic, around 10 minutes.
- Remove from burner and remove the ginger.
- Let mixture cool.
- Pour mixture into a large pitcher.
- Add in lemon juice and water, stir.
- Toss in lemon slices.
- Let chill in refrigerator, or pour over ice filled glasses.