1/3 Photos of Refreshing Ginger Chicken With Spinach & Mushrooms
This Thai-inspired dish features two of my favorite ingredients: fish sauce and ginger. If you are salt "intolerant," then decrease the amount of each sauce ingredient to two tablespoons instead of three. I'm not a fan of saltiness myself, but I tend to like salty Thai food (like Thai Basil Chicken, which this dish resembles).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons shredded fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped (about 1 bunch)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In a small bowl, combine first three ingredients and set aside.
- 2Heat the oil in a wok until hot. Add the garlic and chicken, and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until chicken begins to change color.
- 3Add the reserved sauce and cook until it beings to simmer, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add the mushrooms, ginger, brown sugar, and habanero pepper. Simmer for 6 minutes. Mix in spinach, then simmer for 2 more minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- 5Serve over brown rice, and top with green onions, carrot, and cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refreshing Ginger Chicken With Spinach & Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.0
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 2347.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 32.8 g