Recipe by newspapergal
This is so simple; it's my favorite fruit salad combination. My grandmother whips this up every holiday and serves it with fresh whipped cream; I like it topped with a sprinkling of granola. So healthy! This is best served about 2 hours after refrigerating. It's good, though, for 2-3 days in the refrigerator, but the banana will turn a little soft. (Cooking time is refrigeration, but you can eat it as soon as you prepare it too)
- 1 large orange
- 1 apple (I like McIntosh or Johnathan)
- 1 small banana
- 1 1⁄2 cups green grapes
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the orange, taking the white pith with it, like you would an apple.
- Slice into the orange along its sections and place in medium bowl.
- After slicing the orange, you should be left with a slim middle part of the orange; squeeze the juice from this section into the bowl.
- Peel and dice the apple into small pieces; immediately place in bowl and coat with orange pieces and orange juice.
- Peel and dice banana; immediately place in bowl and stir to coat (the orange juice will prevent these 2 fruits from turning brown).
- Slice grapes in half and add to mixture.
- Sprinkle with sugar and stir.
- (**Note,I only add the sugar or Splenda if my orange is a little too tart. If it's a sweet orange, you don't need any sugar).
- **I add blueberries to this if they're in season.