Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, inexpensive and effective!
- To refresh fish that's got sticky on the way home from the store, try this ancient Scottish trick called"crimping".
- Add sea salt to cold water.
- Drop in enough ice cubes.
- Immerse fish into the iced"sea water".
- Allow it to sit in it for 15 minutes.
- Remove and dry it off with a clean towel.
- Give it a sniff; it'll smell sea sweet.
Thank you so much for this tip! I had a bag of frozen whiting filets and when they were defrosted they were really fishy smelling. After using this technique I was able to cook them and they came out delicious.