Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 hrs
Cool and refreshing with a wonderful Filipino surprise - coconut gel! This is available in 12 ounce jars at Asian supermarkets - get a couple of jars because you will really like it!
- 709.78 ml whipping cream, whipped
- 44.37 ml confectioners' sugar
- 1247.37 g mandarin orange sections, canned, drained
- 340.19 g coconut gel, drained & rinsed
- 709.77 ml pineapple, drained if canned
- 473.18 ml shredded sweetened coconut
- 354.88 ml macadamia nuts, chopped roasted canned
- Whip cream with confectioner's sugar in large chilled bowl.
- Mix next 4 ingredients & fold into whipped cream.
- Chill thoroughly, at least an hour; confectioner's sugar helps stabilize whipped cream. If planning to keep overnight, stabilize whipped cream with gelatin.
- Stir in nuts just before serving.
This fruit salad IS very refreshing! I couldn't find coconut gel anywhere, but I found some coconut paste at the health food store, so I used that instead of the gel. The taste was fabulous! Thanks for the great recipe!