1/2 Photos of Refreshing Cucumber and Tomato Salad
A cool summer salad that can help you use up those garden cucumbers. Best with homegrown tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, cut the long way and sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into large dice
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, if needed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1Place the cucumber slices in a colander and sprinkle with the 3/4 tsp salt; toss well.
- 2Place the colander over an empty bowl. put in refrigerator and allow the cucumbers to drain their liquid for about 40-45 minutes.
- 3After draining time, shake out any excess moisture from the cucumbers in the colander. Place them into a large bowl.
- 4Add the tomatoes and onions.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, cider vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, sugar, dill weed, pepper and cayenne pepper. Pour over the salad mixture and toss.
- 6Taste and add additional salt, if necessary.
- 7If desired, garnish with the crumbled feta cheese.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refreshing Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.6
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 228.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g