A cool summer salad that can help you use up those garden cucumbers. Best with homegrown tomatoes.
Make and share this Refreshing Cucumber and Tomato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, cut the long way and sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into large dice
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, if needed
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Place the cucumber slices in a colander and sprinkle with the 3/4 tsp salt; toss well.
- Place the colander over an empty bowl. put in refrigerator and allow the cucumbers to drain their liquid for about 40-45 minutes.
- After draining time, shake out any excess moisture from the cucumbers in the colander. Place them into a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, cider vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, sugar, dill weed, pepper and cayenne pepper. Pour over the salad mixture and toss.
- Taste and add additional salt, if necessary.
- If desired, garnish with the crumbled feta cheese.