Recipe by Sage
The soup is delicious served cold with a drizzle of lemon juice, perfect for those hot summers days, but can also be served hot with a spoonful of reduced fat soft cheese instead of cream.
- 2 medium zucchini, washed cut in cubes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled cut in cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 liter water, plus
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill (either fresh or dill weed)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1.5 l lidded pan heat the butter or oil, add the onions and stir to cover with butter, sprinkle the paprika and stir to coat the onions, add the zucchini and potatoes and stir well, add the water and the stock cubes, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Take off the lid, stir in the minced garlic and the dill, cool for 10 minutes. Drain the liquid (and keep!), puree the vegetables in a food processor or use the puree attachment of your mixer, combine with the liquid, stir well -- enjoy!