Recipe by College Girl
This sophisticated cold soup is made smooth with a blender or a food processor. Remember it for a special occasion---
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium avocado, seeded, peeled, and cut up
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed (I love the pouches)
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, cook apple and celery in margarine or butter about 5 minutes or till apple and celery are tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Add chicken broth all at once; cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Place half the mixture in blender container or food processor.
- Add half the avocado.
- Cover and blend till smooth. Pour into bowl.
- Repeat with remaining broth mixture and avacado.
- Stir in crab mean and light cream.
- Searve to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill for an hour or more.
- Before serving, garnish each serving with snipped chives.