Recipe by Sue Lau
This salad is great for brunches and goes especially well with quiche.
Top Review by moxie
We had this with our Christmas ham, and it was a lovely, fresh compliment to the heavier foods of the day. I could not get watercress, but the vinaigrette had a lovely flavor. Thanks for posting.
For the Salad
- 1 cup butter lettuce or 1 cup boston lettuce
- 1 cup red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, stemmed
- 1 cup watercress, stemmed
- 1 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
For the Vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients together with a whisk and chill.
- Mix together greens with mushrooms and place on salad plates.
- Top with sections of grapefruit.
- Just prior to serving, shake all vinaigrette to mix, or stir briskly and drizzle over greens.