Recipe by The Easy Vegan
An absolutely elegant dessert, perfect for following a hearty meal in the summer. Light, yet still rich enough to be dessert, and the unusual combination of grapefruit perfectly complements the dark chocolate flavor. If you omit the honey I suggest you add more sweetener (I use honey for the flavor) and for a more "milk chocolate" flavor add a bit more (soy)milk or cream (about a 1/4 cup).
- 2 cups grapefruit juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soymilk (optional) or 2 tablespoons milk (optional) or 2 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently heat all ingredients in a saucepan to a gentle boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let cool.
- Pour into a 13x9 baking dish and let sit in freezer. After 1-1 1/2 hours, take out and scrape the partially frozen mixture with a fork, breaking up the ice crystals.
- Repeat every 30 minute until no liquid remains. To serve, scrape with fork into wine or cocktail glasses and garnish with shaved chocolate and a slice of grapefruit. Enjoy! :).