Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Creamy and cheesy with an unexpected note
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup margarine (Smart Balance works fine)
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon ranch dressing mix, powdered
- 1 dash seasoning salt
- Place sour cream and margarine in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally until margarine melts and the mixture combines.
- Increase heat slightly and add cheese. Continue mixing while cheese melts and blends.
- Allow this mixture to come to a slight boil - just bubbling around the edges for about 30 seconds.
- Add ranch style mix and seasoned salt. Stir well and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Feel free to adjust this recipe to suit your own palate!
I used full fat ingredients and my family LOVED this sauce!!!
This is so good and so easy! I didn't have ranch mix so I just used a dash of seasoning salt and a bit of pepper. Everyone loved it and even my yougest who says ewwww broccoli had seconds. Thanks for such an easy way to get kids to try something new!
Liked the sauce, but it was too salty for us. I would try it again but without the seasoning salt.