Recipe by Stardustannie
A wonderfully refreshing bean salad, great served alongside BBQ meats. Every now and again I'll add in a chopped tomato or two.
Top Review by Vicki in AZ
Been doing this for years since a memorable trip to Italy where they add tuna packed in olive oil and omit the parsley and sometimes add diced tomato. I cook my own beans (try those from Rancho Gordo in Napa Valley, which you can buy online) and it's even better.
- 3 (400 g) cans cannellini or 3 (400 g) cans butter beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the beans and rinse under cold water, drain well.
- Into a food processor or blender, put the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, basil leaves, parsley leaves, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pulse for a few seconds so that there is still texture. Put the beans into a bowl and pour over the dressing, toss well.
- If possible leave for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before serving -- but can be eaten right away and still be very flavoursome.