Recipe by Lisa Pizza
Don't expect a classic, heavy cheesecake taste with this one! It's more of a parfait to me - and so wonderful. The creamy, dreamy texture is sure to please. It can be made with or without a 'crust'. I chose to make mine with a Ladyfinger (look for my recipe) bottom and sides, so I used a 9 inch pan instead of 8 inch. This is the only cheesecake I've made that didn't crack! :)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2)
Directions See How It's Made
- Have all ingredients at room temp.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Grease the bottom of an 8 inch by 2 1/2 inch springform pan.
- Line the bottom with parchment or wax paper.
- Wrap the outside with two layers of heavy-duty foil to prevent leaks.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until very smooth.
- Beat in cornstarch, if desired.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing slowly after each addition to fully incorporate, but not add air.
- Scrape sides between additions.
- Mix lemon juice with bananas to prevent discoloration.
- Add vanilla and salt, mix well.
- Add the sour cream until just blended.
- Mix in the banana mixture until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Place the pan in a larger pan and add and inch of hot water to the larger pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, keep the door closed and let the cake sit for 1 hour.
- Place springform pan on cooling rack for two hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Run a thin knife around the outside before releasing the pan tension.