2 hrs 45 mins
Lisa Pizza's Note:
Don't expect a classic, heavy cheesecake taste with this one! It's more of a parfait to me - and so wonderful. The creamy, dreamy texture is sure to please. It can be made with or without a 'crust'. I chose to make mine with a Ladyfinger (look for my recipe) bottom and sides, so I used a 9 inch pan instead of 8 inch. This is the only cheesecake I've made that didn't crack! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have all ingredients at room temp.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- 3Grease the bottom of an 8 inch by 2 1/2 inch springform pan.
- 4Line the bottom with parchment or wax paper.
- 5Wrap the outside with two layers of heavy-duty foil to prevent leaks.
- 6Mix cream cheese and sugar until very smooth.
- 7Beat in cornstarch, if desired.
- 8Add eggs, one at a time, mixing slowly after each addition to fully incorporate, but not add air.
- 9Scrape sides between additions.
- 10Mix lemon juice with bananas to prevent discoloration.
- 11Add vanilla and salt, mix well.
- 12Add the sour cream until just blended.
- 13Mix in the banana mixture until blended.
- 14Pour into prepared pan.
- 15Place the pan in a larger pan and add and inch of hot water to the larger pan.
- 16Bake for 45 minutes.
- 17Turn off the oven, keep the door closed and let the cake sit for 1 hour.
- 18Place springform pan on cooling rack for two hours.
- 19Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 20Run a thin knife around the outside before releasing the pan tension.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refreshing Banana Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (1476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3725.0
- Calories from Fat 2430
- Total Fat 270.0 g
- Saturated Fat 164.4 g
- Cholesterol 1335.8 mg
- Sodium 2380.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 271.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 222.8 g
- Protein 69.4 g