Cook2 hrs 20 mins
This recipe comes from a magazine from Quebec. It's healthy. In the cooking time, I included the 2 hours in the fridge. I tried it last week and liked it a lot. I used homemade applesauce (unsweetened). I used more cinnamon and omitted the nutmeg. I guess splenda would be great instead of brown sugar to make it healthier. And I used 1% fat milk.
- Put the 6 first ingredients in a casserole.
- Cook at medium heat, stirring constantly, about 15 minutes or until it thickens.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Add the applesauce and whisk.
- Put in indivudual dessert dishes and put in the fridge at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold, with a slice of apple as a garnish.
- It's important to stir constantly if you don't want your tapioca to stick together.
An absolute 5 star dessert! I love tapioca and this is a great way to make it healthier! I haven't been having many desserts since starting weight watchers but this is going to become a regular! I used Splenda brown sugar blend and loved the cinnamon and nutmeg so added more than a pinch. I also served it warm and loved it that way. Thanks Boomie!
I like tapioca pudding, no questions asked, so this was a given ~ OUTSTANDING! Did use chunky applesauce, as that's normally the only kind I buy or make, & this all came together so quickly! Great tasting whether warm or cold! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Recipe Tag]
this is delicious with a few amount adjustments we enjoyed this, I will have to start using my quick-cooking tapioca for more that pies lol! thanks for sharing Booms!