Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This drink is a common Puerto Rico refreshment. It is a bit tart and sweet at the same time. Excellent for a hot summer day.
- Put the tamarind and water in a large bowl.
- Let soak for an hour or so.
- Then remove seeds with your hands.
- Try to mash up the tamarind, for this will make it easier to remove the seeds and give the water a more pronounced flavor.
- Pour water through a strainer.
- Add sugar.
- Refrigerate until well chilled. Serve and enjoy!
- Serve chilled with lots of ice.