1/1 Photo of Refresco De Tamarindo... Tamarind Drink
1 hr 5 mins
chef FIFI's Note:
This drink is a common Puerto Rico refreshment. It is a bit tart and sweet at the same time. Excellent for a hot summer day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the tamarind and water in a large bowl.
- 2Let soak for an hour or so.
- 3Then remove seeds with your hands.
- 4Try to mash up the tamarind, for this will make it easier to remove the seeds and give the water a more pronounced flavor.
- 5Pour water through a strainer.
- 6Add sugar.
- 7Refrigerate until well chilled. Serve and enjoy!
- 8Serve chilled with lots of ice.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refresco De Tamarindo... Tamarind Drink
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 109.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g