Recipe by Sharon123
A yummy drink makiing good use of the mango! Adapted from Cooking With Too Hot Tamales cookbook. I have put this under Southwestern and Mexican catagories, but it also is very Southern and Carribean! Love that mango!
Top Review by Pneuma
Mmmmm yeah so good I couldn't help but drink it straight! Good thing there's still more for refills! I just love the taste of mangoes with honey :D Garnished it with lemon wedge as there's no lime. Thanks, Sharon! Made for Veg Swap #3.
- 4 cups cubed ripe mangoes
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄8 cup honey, to taste (or use 1/4 cup sugar)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- lime wedge, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender combine mango and water and puree until smooth. Thin with more water if desired. Add sugar and lemon juice.
- Blend again and serve in tall glasses over ice.
- In the original recipe a thin layer of teguila is put on top. I think it's better without!