Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These bars are EXTREMELY RICH and not for people with a fear of CHOCOLATE and PEANUT BUTTER (if those people actually exist)!!! Very easy no bake 5 ingredient recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar (3 to 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- Combine graham crumbs, sugar and peanut butter and mix well.
- Blend in melted butter until well combined.
- Press mixture evenly into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or in double boiler.
- Spread over peanut butter mixture.
- Chill until just set and cut into bars (these are very hard to cut if the chocolate gets "rock hard".
Well, these were really fantastic. Easy to make and easy to eat. I lined my baking pan with a sheet of baking paper before pressing the mixture into the pan. After pouring in the chocolate I let it sit on the counter until the chocolate was just firm. Then I lifted the whole thing out of the pan and it cut very easily into bite sized squares which I then refridgerated. We don't have Reeses cups here in Aus (that I know of) but judging by the response I had when I took these to a party last night, Reeses would do very well here! I would serve these in small squares with coffee.
Oh, yes! These squares rocked my world! Amazingly delicious! They taste exactly like Reese's when you eat them at room temperature. If you eat them right out of the fridge, the texture isn't quite right. (Well, unless you usually refrigerate your Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I guess. ;) ) I did have a little trouble getting them out of the pan, so next time (and trust me, "next time" will be very soon) I will line the pan with waxed paper first, and lift the whole thing out before cutting. Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I know I will make this again and again! :)
There is no way this recipe could rate less than 5 stars! Greyghost is right! These DO taste exactly like Reeses! These were so incredibly easy to do. I made almost the entire recipe in my food processor and there was no mess! These are fantastic and will undoubtedly be made again and again and again........Thanks for an excellent recipe, Karen!