1/2 Photos of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (Copycat)
Kat's Mom's Note:
This recipe is from Todd Wilbur's "Top Secret Recipes" (www.TopSecretRecipes.com). In heaven there must be a special place for those of us who love peanut butter & chocolate. This recipe has no added butter like many other copycat recipes. You will need a muffin tin, preferably with shallow cups, but the regular size will work if filled only halfway. Times are a guess-timate and do not include cooling and firming time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mix the salt, peanut butter and powdered sugar until firm.
- 2Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler over hot, not boiling water (OR you can melt them in the microwave for about two minutes, stirring midway).
- 3Grease muffin-tin cups and spoon some chocolate into each, filling halfway.
- 4With the back of a spoon, draw the chocolate up the edges of each cup until all sides are coated.
- 5Cool in the refrigerator until firm.
- 6Spread about a teaspoon of peanut butter mixture onto the chocolate in each cup, leaving room for the final chocolate layer.
- 7Pour some chocolate (I imagine you will need to re-heat it) onto the top of each candy and spread it to the edges.
- 8Let sit at room temperature or covered in the refrigerator.
- 9Turn out of pan when firm.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.0
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.5 mg
- Sodium 169.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g