This recipe is from Todd Wilbur's "Top Secret Recipes" (www.TopSecretRecipes.com). In heaven there must be a special place for those of us who love peanut butter & chocolate. This recipe has no added butter like many other copycat recipes. You will need a muffin tin, preferably with shallow cups, but the regular size will work if filled only halfway. Times are a guess-timate and do not include cooling and firming time.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, peanut butter and powdered sugar until firm.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler over hot, not boiling water (OR you can melt them in the microwave for about two minutes, stirring midway).
- Grease muffin-tin cups and spoon some chocolate into each, filling halfway.
- With the back of a spoon, draw the chocolate up the edges of each cup until all sides are coated.
- Cool in the refrigerator until firm.
- Spread about a teaspoon of peanut butter mixture onto the chocolate in each cup, leaving room for the final chocolate layer.
- Pour some chocolate (I imagine you will need to re-heat it) onto the top of each candy and spread it to the edges.
- Let sit at room temperature or covered in the refrigerator.
- Turn out of pan when firm.