Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very unique, delicious cake. The cake itself is not peanut butter flavored, but Reese's Cups crumbled on top of the batter before baking add a delicious layer between the cake and chocolate frosting. Enjoy!
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Reese's Peanut Butter cups
- 1 (16 ounce) canprepared milk chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine water and oats and mix well.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs and oatmeal mixture.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add gradually to creamed mixture, beating one minute.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13-inch pan.
- Crumble peanut butter cups and sprinkle on top, making a thicker layer around the edges.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until center tests done.
- Cool completely and frost.