Recipe by cookiemaker
These taste JUST like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and are so easy to make! There are a lot of similar recipes, with slightly different amounts of (mostly) the same ingredients, but this is the one that I really like.
Top Review by SopranoSarahsMom
Absolutely delicious! I made these for my Christmas Eve cookie tray. They were a hit with my family...one of the first things from the tray to disappear :). I liked them even better than store-bought Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Best of all, they were quick and easy to make, with no baking required. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I can't wait to serve these again this Christmas!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 1 cellophane package and 3 extra grahams)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and peanut butter. (an easy way to measure the peanut butter is to put 1 cup of water into a measuring cup, and then add enough peanut butter to it that the water reaches 2 cups).
- Press mixture into a 9x13" pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave and stir until smooth (try a minute first, and then check).
- Spread chocolate carefully over peanut butter layer with a spatula. (Having one person to pour the chocolate and one to spread works well!).
- Let the chocolate cool for a while, and then cut into bars before the chocolate is completely hardened (or else the chocolate layer will just crack).
- (cooking time is cooling time, and it's a very rough estimate, I didn't keep track).