Recipe by MCaram
This is the very best banana bread I have ever tasted! I took the recipe from a foodie blog http://thehungrydudes.com/reeces-pieces-chocolate-chip-banana-bread and the only difference I made is that I couldn't find mini reese's pieces so I used their peanut butter chips instead.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 591.47 ml bananas (over ripe and mashed)
- 177.44 ml chocolate chips
- 177.44 ml reese's peanut butter chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line loaf pan with foil (makes clean up much easier).
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir chips into wet mixture.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir by hand until it is mostly mixed. (This is important. Do not over-mix, or it will be dry and rubbery! It’s ok to see flour spots here and there in the batter.).
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes (I only have one loaf pan so cooking time might vary if cooking two loaves at once).
- Let bread cool for about 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.