Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the very best banana bread I have ever tasted! I took the recipe from a foodie blog http://thehungrydudes.com/reeces-pieces-chocolate-chip-banana-bread and the only difference I made is that I couldn't find mini reese's pieces so I used their peanut butter chips instead.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups bananas (over ripe and mashed)
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup reese's peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line loaf pan with foil (makes clean up much easier).
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir chips into wet mixture.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir by hand until it is mostly mixed. (This is important. Do not over-mix, or it will be dry and rubbery! It’s ok to see flour spots here and there in the batter.).
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes (I only have one loaf pan so cooking time might vary if cooking two loaves at once).
- Let bread cool for about 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.