Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
For anyone with children, or a diehard peanut butter lover, this is a must try recipe! 8)
- 1 (10 ounce) bagreeses peanut butter chips, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 3⁄4 Splenda sugar substitute or 1 3⁄4 sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- Grease a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2x1-inch jellyroll pan (or 13x9, for thicker brittle).
- Sprinkle 1 cup of chips evenly on pan; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a 2 quare saucepan.
- Stir in the sugar, water, and corn syrup.
- Bring to boil.
- Cook on medium heat, constantly stirring until mixture reaches 300°F on candy thermometer (about 30 to 35 minutes).
- (Do not let thermometer bulb rest on bottom of pan).
- Remove pan from burner.
- Immediately spread mixture into greased pan.
- Add remaining 2/3 cup peanut butter chips.
- Let cool; remove the candy from pan.
- Break into pieces and store in cool dry place.
This may a good recipe but don't use the splenda option! Using spenda did not work and I had to throw everything out. Might work with sugar but didn't try.