Reese's Peanut Butter Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 2 9" round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and pb until the mixture becomes fluffy. Mix in the brown sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture along with the milk and blend. Add the vanilla.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake about 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. After the cake has cooled 5 minutes, place a covered cake board or cooling rack over the cake and turn over. Gently remove the pan from the cake. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the PB filling, cream the cream cheese and pb together until fluffy.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the PB filling over the top of each cake. Let chill in the fridge.
- To make the chocolate glaze, combine the water and butter in a small saucepan. Bring toa boil. Add the cocoa, icing sugar and vanilla to the butter-water mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Using a metal spatula dipped in hot water, spread half of the warm glaze over the pb topping on each cake. The glaze will thicken as it cools.