Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
If you have a peanut butter lover in your family, this can be his or her special dessert. Peanut butter mousse is between two layers of sweetened chocolate inside a pie crust.
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked and cooled
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup cold whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) packagereese peanut butter chips, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- peanut butter chips (to garnish)
- Bake crust according to directions.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl, let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Add boiling water, stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine sugar and cocoa in medium bowl; add whipping cream and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until stiff; pour in the gelatin mixture, beating until well blended.
- Spoon 1 cup of the chocolate mixture into cooled crust; refrigerate while preparing peanut butter layer.
- Melt 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips as directed on package.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl; gradually.
- add 1/3 cup milk until smooth.
- Add melted chips; beat well.
- Beat in remaining 2 tablespoons milk.
- Lightly spread over chocolate layer in crust.
- Top with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate several hours.
- Garnish with remaining chips.
- Cover; store leftover pie in refrigerator.