Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Hubby and son say these may well be the best oatmeal cookie they have ever eaten. Recipe on back of reeses bag.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄3 cups Reese's pieces (10 oz pkg)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Cream shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt. Add alternately with milk to sugar mixture. Stir in oats and andy pieces. Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls or #16 scoop onto prepared pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 1 dozen pieces.
- ** I used parchment paper. **.
These are good cookies - no wonder your husband and son love them so much! I made smaller cookies, and got two dozen perfect sized cookies from the recipe. These cookies do spread out, so make sure you leave lots of room! I'll make this one again - thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2009 - You were adopted!