- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate (1 oz. each)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco (Stick form or All-vegetable shortening form)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Reese's Peanut Butter cups (Not miniature. You'll need about 19-25 cups)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place parchment paper on the cookie sheets you plan on using.
- Combine chocolate chips and chocolate squares in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted (you will need to stop the microwave and stir the chips every two minutes to prevent the chocolate from burning). Cool slightly.
- Combine sugar and 1/2 cup shortening in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until blended and crumbly. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add salt and vanilla. Reduce the speed of the mixer. Add chocolate slowly. Mix well. Stir in the flour and baking soda with a spoon until well blended. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls and place a couple of inches apart on an ungreased parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until set. Don't overbake! Press the peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie immediately after removing from oven. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer the cookies to another surface.
- Place the peanut butter chips in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave until smooth (you will need to stir after every minute needed in the microwave to prevent burning). Scrape the melted peanut butter chips into a frosting piping bag with a round, small tip. Squeeze the frosting in a drizzled zig-zag pattern. Enjoy!