Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe somewhere online a couple of years ago. I made these as Christmas gifts with homemade cocoa. I made my family a batch and my family thought these were so good.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 large Reese's Peanut Butter cups, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup butter, soft
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and baking soda.
- Then layer ingredients in jar in order given.
- Press each layer firmly into place before adding next ingredients.
- Cover jar with lid and pretty cloth and ribbon. Attach recipe to jar to be given as gift.
- To Bake Cookies:
- Remove candies from jar. Empty cookie mix in bowl; stir. Add 3/4 cup soft butter, 1 egg slightly beat, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix.
- Stir in candies.
- Roll dough into walnut size balls. Place 2-inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.