Rich, smooth peanut butter cheese cake. This is a sure fire hit at any gathering or just to have around the house.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided (or Splenda)
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 10 ounces reese's peanut butter chips, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
chocolate drizzle (recipe follows in directions)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hershey's cocoa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar (Splenda), cocoa and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar (Splenda) until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then melted chips, until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla;; beat well. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove from oven.
- With knife, loosen cake from side of pan.
- Remove side of pan.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Garnish with chocolate drizzle.
- Store, covered, in refrigerator.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in small saucepan over low heat; add 2 tablespoons Hershey's cocoa and 2 tablespoons water.
- cook and stir until slightly thickened. DO NOT BOIL.
- Cool slightly.
- Gradually add 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, beating with whisk until smooth. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- **Tip: If desired, spoon drizzle over cake, or into small seal-top plastic bag. With scissors, make small diagonal cut in bottom corner of bag (careful if not cooled enough will run out all over your cake). Squeeze drizzle over top of cake.
AMAZING cheesecake!! After topping with the chocolate drizzle I chopped up some mini reese's peanut butter cups and put them on top and then drizzled some more chocolate on top of that. mmmm.... I also used a chocolate cookie crust instead of the graham cracker crust and it was just as easy but delicious. (1 cup of flour combined with 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of cocoa. Cut in 1/4 cup crisco and 3 Tblsp. butter. Mix in one egg yolk and press into springform pan). This recipe is definitely a keeper!!
My guest loved it and so we've upped the review a star from my opinion. It raised over an inch above the springform pan, the sides were overcooked, and the crust tasted overcooked too (I cooked it 60 minutes). The texture was almost there for what I was looking for. I will try a recipe that uses real peanut butter instead of chips and no sweetened condensed milk.
Awesome recipe!! I made it for a co-workers birthday and received RAVE reviews! Will definitely be making this recipe again.