Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This was posted on the Ellen Degeneres website.I havent tried it yet but it looks like something I would like.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over med/high heat until crisp.Using a slotted spoon, transfer it to a 4 to 6 quart crockpot. Add the chicken to the skillet and brown all over on med high heat. Transfer to crockpot.
- Pour the wine into the skillet and scrape up any brown bits; add to the cooker, along with the mushrooms, onions,garlic, rosemary and salt.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Transfer the chicken, bacon and vegetables to a platter, keep warm.
- Pour the sauce into a small saucepan.
- combine the water and cornstarch, stir into the sauce and heat to boiling, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens ,about 5 minutes.
- Pour over chicken and serve.
This was fantastic! I used skinless, bone-in chicken pieces (1 small package each of breasts, thighs and drumsticks). I cooked on low for 5 hours, adding about a cup of chicken broth halfway through (I wanted to have more sauce at the end). I served to friends who were staying for the weekend and got rave reviews!
This is one delicious dish!
Amazing! I did saute the onions, mushrooms and garlic in the same pan as everything else. I added about a cup of chicken broth to the pan too. It was perfect. LOVE this recipe. Definitely try it.