Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
We went to a potluck last Sunday and our neighbor brought these brownies. He told us this recipe has taken him five years to perfect. I think the time payed off because these brownies are amazing! I am posting this recipe for your enjoyment and as a precaution for losing this recipe because if I lost it I would never forgive myself!! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 25 -30 reese's miniature peanut butter cups, quartered
- Melt chocolate and butter in a small saucepan.
- Set aside and cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and salt until fluffy. This will take about 10 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Fold in sugar and vanilla with a spoon until smooth.
- Fold in Flour and then chocolate.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and add the peanut butter cups.
- Smooth the batter over so it covers the peanut butter cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Brought these to a potluck at work..one of the only dishes completely eaten! Nothing but compliments from all my colleagues!
My, oh, my, were these ever ooey gooey good! Best brownie recipe ever!
All I can say is they are "Slap Yo Momma" great!