Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Uses canned apples and cream cheese. This was in Beemer Ne cookbook so I am guessing that there used to be a restaurant by this name here at one time; the book was from 1977.
- Combine cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir in cream, mixing well.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling; stir in butter, lemon juice.
- Add drained apples and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into baked crust, filling 3/4 full.
- Make topping; beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Spoon over apple filling.
- Sprinkle on coconuts and walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Topping should be golden brown.
- Cool before serving.