1/1 Photo of Reduced-Sugar Peach Champagne Jam
swiped off the bernardin website and modified since i couldn't find another recipe like this anywhere. all the others either used gelatin, were ment to be kept in the fridge instead of canned, or were about 90% sugar. i haven't actually tried this yet but i'm hoping it will taste a bit like a bellini. i'm going to serve it over ice cream and in yogurt.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups peaches (peeled, pitted, and crushed, measure when already crushed)
- 1 cup champagne or 1 cup sparkling white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 49 g no-sugar-needed pectin (1pkg)
- 1sterilize 6 250ml (half pint) mason jars in a dishwasher or hot water bath. heat lids in hot water, not boiling. Keep jars and lids hot until ready to use.
- 2score an X into the bottom of your peaches, blanch in boiling water for about 45 seconds, then douse into ice water for a minute they should now peel very easily. squeeze each peeled peach and you should end up with a bowl of mush and the pit still in your hand.
- 3Measure crushed peaches, champagne, and lemon juice into a large, deep stainless steel saucepan. Whisk in pectin until dissolved.
- 4If using sweetener, measure splenda or sugar and set aside.
- 5Stirring constantly, bring fruit mixture to a boil over high heat.
- 6If using, add sweetener and return mixture to a boil.
- 7Stirring frequently, boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Skim foam.
- 8Quickly ladle jam into a hot jar to within 1/4 inch of top of jar. Using nonmetallic utensil, remove air bubbles and adjust headspace if required by adding more jam. Wipe jar rim removing any food residue. Centre hot lid on clean jar rim. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip tight. Return filled jar to rack in canner. Repeat for remaining jam.
- 9When canner is filled, ensure that all jars are covered by at least 1” water. Cover canner and bring water to a full rolling boil before starting to count processing time. boil filled jars for 10 minutes.
- 10When processing time is complete, remove canner lid; wait 5 minutes, then remove jars without tilting. Cool upright on a protected work surface; leave undisturbed for 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced-Sugar Peach Champagne Jam
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 12.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: