Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe was in the December/January issue of Light & Tasty. I made this for DH and it really is good. Lots less sugar and lots less carbs!
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Line a 9-in square pan with foil and spray the foil lightly with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallow creme, evaporated milk and butter.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until smooth.
- Bring to a rapid boil and boil for 5 minutes while continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Stir in the chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Add pecans and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- The cook time reflects the time need to thoroughly chill the fudge.
- When firm remove foil from pan and peel away foil from fudge.
- Using a pizza cutter; cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
This is a fantastic fudge recipe. A five-Star in my recipe box. Set up nice in refrigerator, and tasted great. My husband is a diabetic, and the low sugar and low trans fats made me want to try it. After looking for a good fudge for three years, THIS IS IT. Try it you will love your fudge "fix".
This fudge has a deep rich chocolate flavor. Folks cutting back on sugar and calories will be able to enjoy a special treat too. Do keep a close eye on the cream mixture while boiling and stirring, scorching or burning can happen quickly.