Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When my 10-year-old son was diagnosed with Type I (insulin-dependent) Diabetes, I had to alter some of our often-used recipes to reduce the carbs counts. Banana bread tops his list of treats, so I adapted our family's favorite banana bread recipe by decreasing the overall amount of sweetener and using half Splenda. This recipe makes the moistest, yummiest banana bread without being able to tell that the sugar is reduced.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend together eggs, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and bananas.
- In a separate bowl, mix Splenda, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add chocolate chips. Gradually stir dry ingredients into banana mixture until mixed well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- **This recipes also works nicely as muffins.
This banana bread is so yummy. My son loved it for his snacks at school. Thanks :) Made for PAC Spring 2013