1 hr 10 mins
Blessed Wyoming Mom's Note:
When my 10-year-old son was diagnosed with Type I (insulin-dependent) Diabetes, I had to alter some of our often-used recipes to reduce the carbs counts. Banana bread tops his list of treats, so I adapted our family's favorite banana bread recipe by decreasing the overall amount of sweetener and using half Splenda. This recipe makes the moistest, yummiest banana bread without being able to tell that the sugar is reduced.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Blend together eggs, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and bananas.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix Splenda, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add chocolate chips. Gradually stir dry ingredients into banana mixture until mixed well.
- 4Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5**This recipes also works nicely as muffins.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced Sugar Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 224.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: