Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Local restaurant serves a tuna tarragon and my wife loves it. She asked me to come up with a "close to" version lower in volume, fat, and fat/calories. She really loves this version. I used store brands where I could and I use either canola or olive oil. I use whole wheat and spinach pastas for "show".
- 2 cups small shell pasta
- 3⁄4 cup penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup fettuccine pasta
- 5 ounces tuna (drained)
- 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 3⁄4 tablespoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3⁄4 cup sweet pickle juice
- 7⁄8 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 7⁄8 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil in medium pot adding a splash of oil.
- Add pasta and return to boil, stir and cook for 10-11 minutes.
- Immediately drain and rinse with cold water; put back into pot with cold.
- water and some ice.
- In a medium bowl, flake tuna into little bits and add dressing ingredients.
- Whisk to blend and smooth dressing.
- Drain pasta, add splash of oil to it and toss with dressing in bowl to mix.
- Place in fridge for a few hours. To serve splash with a touch of sweet pickle juice and toss again. Let everyone salt/pepper to taste.