Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
One of my hubby's favorite dinners lightened up.
- 9 ounces jumbo pasta shells, about 20 shells
- 16 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can spaghetti sauce, I use Hunt's Traditional
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shredded
- Boil the pasta in salted water for 2/3 of the recommended time on the package. Drain and spread on an oiled sheet pan so they don't stick together.
- Mix the ricotta, cottage cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, eggbeaters and seasonings in a gallon size ziploc bag. When thoroughly mixed, cut the corner about 1/2 inch up and pipe the filling into the par-cooked shells. Place shells in a 9x13 baking dish that has 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce spread in the bottom.
- Top the shells with the remaining sauce and scatter the cheese for the topping.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until the dish is bubbling and the cheese is golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.