We love Alfredo Sauce and also have to watch the fat content. Smart Balance Margarine makes a spread with 67% vegetable oil that you can use in cooking and that's what I used.
- Make a Bechamel Sauce by melting the margarine in a pan, adding the flour and making a smooth mixture.
- Slowly add the milk and stir constantly with a whisk until well blended and of the thickness you desire.
- Add as much Parmesan cheese as you like, we thought 3/4 Cup was enough and let it melt and blend with the Bechamel Sauce.
- Defrost the shrimp in cold water, remove the tail if necessary, and add to the Alfredo Sauce until heated.
- Do not over cook as the shrimp with toughen.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package, mix the pasta and Alfredo Sauce and serve with garlic bread and a tossed salad.