We love Alfredo Sauce and also have to watch the fat content. Smart Balance Margarine makes a spread with 67% vegetable oil that you can use in cooking and that's what I used.
- Make a Bechamel Sauce by melting the margarine in a pan, adding the flour and making a smooth mixture.
- Slowly add the milk and stir constantly with a whisk until well blended and of the thickness you desire.
- Add as much Parmesan cheese as you like, we thought 3/4 Cup was enough and let it melt and blend with the Bechamel Sauce.
- Defrost the shrimp in cold water, remove the tail if necessary, and add to the Alfredo Sauce until heated.
- Do not over cook as the shrimp with toughen.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package, mix the pasta and Alfredo Sauce and serve with garlic bread and a tossed salad.
What a special treat this was.We love Alfredo anything. Great to find this low fat recipe to enjoy. I bought frozen cooked shrimps from Costo and with this recipe they tasted fresh. I will make this one again and again; thank you for sharing. It goes in my Best Zarr Our Favourites. Rita
Wow! This could not be more simple to make or taste better for a low fat dish! I lowered the fat another notch by using Land O Lakes fat free half and half instead of the low fat evaporated milk and was not disappointed! Also used maybe a quarter cup parmesan was all, which for us was plenty! I easily halved the batch for just the two of us, and it instantly became a hit! This will be made often, guaranteed! Thank you so much for sharing this delicious and guilt free dish! :)