1/1 Photo of Reduced Fat Shrimp Alfredo
carole in orlando's Note:
We love Alfredo Sauce and also have to watch the fat content. Smart Balance Margarine makes a spread with 67% vegetable oil that you can use in cooking and that's what I used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a Bechamel Sauce by melting the margarine in a pan, adding the flour and making a smooth mixture.
- 2Slowly add the milk and stir constantly with a whisk until well blended and of the thickness you desire.
- 3Add as much Parmesan cheese as you like, we thought 3/4 Cup was enough and let it melt and blend with the Bechamel Sauce.
- 4Defrost the shrimp in cold water, remove the tail if necessary, and add to the Alfredo Sauce until heated.
- 5Do not over cook as the shrimp with toughen.
- 6Cook the pasta as directed on the package, mix the pasta and Alfredo Sauce and serve with garlic bread and a tossed salad.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced Fat Shrimp Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.6
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 167.8 mg
- Sodium 444.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: