1/3 Photos of Reduced Fat Scalloped Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
Lori Mama's Note:
There are a myriad of ways to make scalloped potatoes, but I thought this was just a bit different. Taken from Cooks Country, with a slight adjustment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Spray 8" baking dish with non stick spray.
- 3Coarsely chop 15 slices of potato and microwave 2 minutes or until tender.
- 4Mash with 3 tbsp of the.milk and set aside.
- 5Over medium heat, in medium sauce pan, melt butter.
- 6Saute onion until softened.
- 7Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- 8In bowl whisk together the remaining milk, broth, mashed potatoes, cornstarch/flour/salt/pepper.
- 9Add to onion mixture and simmer until thickened.
- 10Off the heat add the cheeses until melted and smooth.
- 11Layer half the potatoes in baking dish, pour half the sauce over.
- 13Sprinkle with Panko crumbs.
- 14Cover with foil and bake on baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- 15Remove foil and continue baking another 30 minutes or until tender.
- 16Cool 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced Fat Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 996.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 19.6 g