I made this recipe up after spending ages looking for a less fattening version of Pommes Anna. I used everyday Desiree potatoes - I think any type of potato would work. You can also omit the cheese or change to a hard cheese like Parmesan. I also have added garlic salt instead of regular on some occasions. The potatoes need slicing down to about 1-2mm thick to make this the best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200'C.
- 2Wash potatoes, but don't peel, and slice very thin (best done using a mandolin) Pat the potatoes dry using paper towel.
- 3Line a 20cm cake tin, pie dish or any similar sized dish with baking paper.
- 4Place potatoes from the outside in, overlapping slightly to cover the base of the dish, brush with butter and season to taste.
- 5Repeat step 3 until half the potatoes are used.
- 6Sprinkle half the cheese over at this time.
- 7Repeat step 3 again until all the potatoes are used up, ending with butter.
- 8Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- 9Wrap in foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- 10Remove the foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes until crispy and browned on top and edges.
- 11Remove from the oven and flip onto a serving plate, remove the baking paper and cut into wedges for serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced Fat Pommes Anna (Potatoes Anna)
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.0
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 152.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.7 g