Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe a while ago,you can lower the fat and calories by using nonfat sour cream,milk and reduced fat cookies.These make a incredible snack,and a wonderful picnic treat! These are so good,you do not need frosting! 8)
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk (regular is fine of course)
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream (again,reg. is fine)
- 1 egg
- 20 finely chopped reduced-fat oreo cookies
- Heat oven to 400.
- Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Mix together the flour,sugar,salt& the baking powder.
- In a seperate,small bowl,combine the milk,sour cream& egg.
- Blend,combine with the flour mix,along with the melted butter,combine just to blend.
- Carefully,stir in chopped oreos.
- With spoon,place batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 mins,or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from tins and let cool on a wire rack.
We were heading to a pool party and I needed to take something that could withstand the heat. These went over very well. The kids could just grab one and go. No plates or forks required. They were very moist, not dry like some muffins can sometimes be. I would have loved to add a drizzle of cookies & cream frosting, but they were fine without it and I know it wouldn't of done well in the heat. I got 15 muffins out of this recipe.
Very moist and something differnt for the lunches for kids. I liked them to.