Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
after reading many recipes for the well-known no-bake cookies with peanut butter & oatmeal, i came up with this recipe
- 22 g bananas, mashed
- 50 ml skim milk
- 135 g sugar
- 12 g unsweetened cocoa
- 1 g vanilla extract
- 65 g chunky peanut butter
- 120 g oatmeal
- combine the 1st four ingredients in a sauce pan.
- over medium heat, bring to a boil.
- stir constantly for 1 minute.
- add vanilla, then peanut butter & oatmeal.
- remove from heat & mix well.
- drop by teaspoonsfull onto waxed paper, fairly quickly before the mixture hardens.
- allow to cool at room temperature, enjoy!
I thought these were great! I think the previous reviewer maybe didn't convert the amounts right. I used my scale to measure everything instead of trying to convert it. You can taste the banana a little, but I think it is good with the peanut butter and chocolate. My kids said they couldn't taste the banana, maybe because they didn't know it was there. They didn't set up as firm as regular No-Bakes that I've made before, but I like them better that way, they aren't as dry and crumbly.
I'm really sorry, we just didn't like this one. I did have a tremendous amount of trouble with the conversions of the measurements, though, so I'm not going to assign stars. The amount of oatmeal called for (when converted) was about a fourth of what I usually use for no bakes so I upped it. The banana flavor just did not quite work with the others for me, even though I do normally like chocolate and banana together. I'm glad I tried it but probably won't make it again. Keep the healthy recipes coming, though. I'm always up for trying new and healthy recipes.