Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Same great taste less fat and calories. Recipe Source: Shape
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/4 cup of milk with cornstarch. Stir until smooth and lump free.
- Combine cornstarch mixture, remaining milk, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Add cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce.
- Toss gently to coat. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
This Mac and Cheese is sure to please, TRUE! This is a VERY healthy version too! So no complaining doesn't taste like Grandma's, OK? This satisfied my craving for today! Also as a suggestion, put in oven to bake about 40 minutes too, Then under griller so was nicely brown, TRUE! Would definately make this again...you see, Is reduced fat...great taste...that's a review from ME!